video, testi, traduzioni, interpretazioni...

mercoledì 24 aprile 2013

Rod Stewart - You're in my heart (The final acclaim)



[1977]


You're in my heart


I didn't know what day it was 
when you walked into the room 
I said hello unnoticed 
You said goodbye too soon 

Breezing through the clientele 
spinning yarns that were so lyrical 
I really must confess right here 
the attraction was purely physical 

I took all those habits of yours 
that in the beginning were hard to accept 
Your fashion sense, Beardsly prints 
I put down to experience 

The big bosomed lady with the Dutch accent 
who tried to change my point of view 
Her ad lib lines were well rehearsed 
but my heart cried out for you 

Chorus: 

You're in my heart, you're in my soul 
You'll be my breath should I grow old 
You are my lover, you're my best friend 
You're in my soul 

My love for you is immeasurable 
My respect for you immense 
You're ageless, timeless, lace and fineness 
You're beauty and elegance 

You're a rhapsody, a comedy 
You're a symphony and a play 
You're every love song ever written 
But honey what do you see in me 

(Chorus) 

You're an essay in glamour 
Please pardon the grammar 
but you're every schoolboy's dream 
You're Celtic, United, but baby I've decided 
You're the best team I've ever seen 

And there have been many affairs 
Many times I've thought to leave 
But I bite my lip and turn around 
'cause you're the warmest thing I've ever found 

(Chorus)


Sei nel mio cuore (il plauso finale)


Non sapevo che giorno fosse
Quando sei entrata nella stanza
Ho detto un ciao inosservato
Hai detto arrivederci troppo presto

Scivolare tra i clienti
Mentire era cosi entusiasmante
Ora devo confessare
Che l'attrazione era puramente fisica

Ho preso tutte quelle tue abitudini
Che all'inizio erano difficili da accettare
I tuoi modi, stampati in fronte
non ho dato retta alla mia esperienza

La signora tettona con l'accento olandese
Che provava a cambiare il mio punto di vista
I suoi lineamenti mostravano che era vissuta
Ma il mio cuore piangeva per te.

Tu sei nel mio cuore, sei nella mia anima
Sarai il mio respiro mentre divento vecchio
Sei la mia amante, la mia migliore amica
Sei nella mia anima

Il mio amore per te è incommensurabile
Il mio rispetto per te immenso
Sei senza età, senza tempo, posata e fine
Sei la bellezza e l'eleganza

Sei una rapsodia, una commedia
Sei una sinfonia e un suono
Sei ogni canzone d'amore che sia mai stata scritta
Ma dolcezza cosa vedi in me?

Sei una prova di fascino
Per favore perdona la grammatica
Ma tu sei il sogno di ogni scolaro
Sei il Celtic, l'United, ma bambina ho deciso
Che sei la migliore squadra che abbia mai visto

E ci sono stati molti affari
Molte volte ho pensato di partire
Ma mi mordo le labbra e vado avanti
Perché tu sei la cosa più calda che io abbia mai trovato.